Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Herb Gardening For Dummies

Growing tired of spending $4 for each little package of fresh herbs at the grocer (then having half of them go to waste), I decided to invest in one of these hydroponic gardens so I could grow my own herbs, then harvest only what I need each day. I'm sure I could have created a cute little dish garden on my own - much more cheaply too - but I know from past experience that I would forget to water it and all that good stuff.

This is my herb garden, about 10 days since set-up. The pods that still have their little "greenhouse caps" on them are later sprouting varieties. For my first attempt at herb gardening in water, I've got Mint, Italian Basil, Dill, Thyme, Parsley, Purple Basil, and Chives. This is also the first time I've taken a picture with my phone. I hope my herb-growing skills are better than my photography skills.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now this is a great idea! I have been considering a small garden myself...but much smaller then what I remembered then my mom's while growing up. The mini-greenhouses seem to be an even better idea! I am always looking & searching for new ideas that are feasible & work for me. I gotta try this soon!